AC-FIX MULTILAYER pipes are composed of an inner layer of PEX, an outer layer of PE and an intermediate layer of aluminum. These layers are bonded together with a special adhesive for high temperatures. AC-FIX MULTILAYER pipes are manufactured according to the UNE-EN ISO 21003 standard and certified by AENOR according to said standard.
AC-FIX MULTILAYER pipes are compatible with AC-FIX PRESS-MULTI AND PRESS DUO FITTINGS AND VALVES.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION OF 50 YEARS (UNE-EN ISO 21003)
a A country may select either class 1 or class 2 to conform to its national regulations.
b Where more than one design temperature appears for any class, the times should be aggregated (for example: the design temperature profile for 50 years of class 5 is: 20ºC for 14 years, followed by 60ºC for 25 years, 80°C for 10 years, 90°C for 1 year and 100°C for 100 hours). This allows to simulate approximate real temperatures and times during a useful life of 50 years.
ADVANTAGES OF AC-FIX MULTILAYER PEX/AL/PE PIPES
AC-FIX MULTILAYER pipes combine the advantages of metal pipes and plastic pipes: dimensional stability, flexibility and resistance to corrosion.
- Very high flexibility. They can be bent manually while maintaining permanent shapes and curvatures.
- It is impermeable to the diffusion of oxygen.
- Low pressure drop and low acoustic transmission.
- Resistance to corrosion, abrasion and attack by chemical products.
- There are no adhesions and incrustations.
- Sanitary quality. Plastic pipes are totally non-toxic, not changing the properties of the fluid that goes inside (color, taste, smell).
- Resistance to all actions applied in the prevention and control of legionellosis.
- Its low coefficient of thermal conductivity reduces condensation and heat losses.
- Low coefficient of linear thermal expansion, allowing to be at the level of the metal tubes on that aspect.
- Aesthetics in visible heating and / or plumbing installations.
- AC-FIX MULTILAYER pipes comply with the provisions of Royal Decree 140/2003 “Criteria Hygienic-Sanitary of the quality of water for human consumption ”.
- They comply with the established precepts regarding construction materials of the CTE point 6.1. of the HS4 health document.